Geotechnical Engineer – 6 to 10 Years Experience (28541)
Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer with 6 to 10 years of related experience at our Bay Area offices working on small-scale and large-scale projects in office, residential, and retail/warehouse markets. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
– Masters degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering;
- – Professional Engineer license, preferably a California PE license;
- – 6 to 10 years of related Geotechnical experience; California experience is strongly desired;
- – OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred;
- – Proven experience in preparing technical reports, specifications, construction plans, and geotechnical recommendations; writing proposals; running / coordinating projects; managing clients; managing billings; and reviewing the work of staff and mentoring staff;
- – Ideally will possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction observation experience including: mass grading, deep foundations, subgrade for footings, ground improvement, and excavation support including tieback installation and testing;
- – Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- – Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multi-tasking, and judgment capabilities;
- – Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- – Candidate must be able to log borings and perform observation during construction projects;
- – Possess reliable transportation to access job sites or attend client meetings and a valid driver’s license in good standing;
- – Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Click on link below to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Public Works Director/City Engineer
City of Palo Alto, CA
Located on the San Francisco Peninsula, the City of Palo Alto is home to a population of 67,000 which doubles during the daytime. Recognized as the global leader in cutting-edge technology, medicine and green innovation, the city is considered the birthplace and heart of the Silicon Valley. Organized across four divisions (Engineering Services, Public Services, Environmental Services, and Airport Operations), the Public Works Department is supported by nearly 180 FTE and a FY2017-18 General Fund budget of $137.5 million.
The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking leader known for his/her continuous improvement mindset, proactive problem-solving abilities and superior project management experience. A strong people manager, he/she will also possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills. At least eight years of increasingly responsible public works experience that includes significant management experience is required. Extensive experience overseeing capital projects, a Bachelor’s degree and registration as a civil engineer in California will also be expected. A Master’s degree is preferred.
The salary range goes up to $245,731; salary is supplemented by a competitive benefits package. This recruitment will close on Monday, May 28, 2018. Visit www.tbcrecruiting.com for detailed recruitment brochure and to apply online.
Teri Black ● 424.296.3111
Bradley Wardle ● 650.450.3299
Marin County, San Rafael, CA
Department of Public Works
$7,031– $8,468 / Monthly
At the County of Marin, our employees overwhelmingly report feeling their work is meaningful, they like the work they do and they are proud to tell people “I work for the County of Marin.” Read on to find out more about this opportunity.
Within the Transportation Division, the Assistant Engineer will work primarily on traffic service requests from the public and other divisions or departments. The Assistant Engineer will use judgment, initiative and policy guidance in developing and completing these reviews in a professional and timely fashion. The Assistant Engineer will also be involved with traffic signal and streetlight operations and maintenance, in addition to creating or reviewing Traffic Control systems plans for county projects and encroachment permits. There is one full-time vacancy in the Transportation Division.
Our highly qualified candidate is technically knowledgeable and experienced in the principles and practices of civil and traffic engineering with the ability to take small projects from inception to completion. They will be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, to convey technical information simply providing, examples, instructions and/or recommendations. They will also thrive in a team environment that encourages cooperation, communication and mutual sharing of risk, responsibility and reward.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college and two years of professional engineering experience providing the knowledge and skill requirements. Possession of a valid California Engineer-In-Training Certificate and four years of engineering related experience may substitute for the college requirement only.
FILING DEADLINE: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 by 4:00pm. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of County application and supplemental application form. Apply online at: www.marincounty.org/Jobs or contact Marin County HR Dept, Rm 415, 3501 Civic Center Dr., San Rafael, CA 94903. Paper or Faxed application documents will not be accepted. If you need assistance completing an online application, contact us at 415 473-2126. EEO/TTY
Construction Manager – Walnut Creek, CA
Schnabel Foundation Company was formed in 1959 as a foundation engineering and construction company in business to design and build excavation support and specialized foundation systems. We still do that today. We have grown from a single office in Washington, DC to include nine offices from coast-to-coast where we now employ over 40 professional engineers who design and manage the construction projects in those offices.
Schnabel Foundation Company is seeking an entry level engineer to join our Farwest Regional office in Walnut Creek, CA.
Manage all aspects of earth retention, excavation support and other specialty foundation projects
- B.S. or M.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- 2– 5 years of prior qualified experience
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of geotechnical and structural design concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to work in construction industry
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
Skills, Abilities and Behaviors
- Exhibits highly ethical behavior in decision making and interactions
- Strong analytical, time management and project management skills
- Able to lead and motivate team members
- Strong decision making and delegation skills
Schnabel Foundation Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Schnabel Foundation Company participates with EVerify.
Send Resumes to Lynette Fraga, 3075 Citrus Circle, Suite 150 Walnut Creek, CA 94598, firstname.lastname@example.org