Last updated 3/8/17
Civil Engineer – Project Manager – 6 to 8 Years Experience
Langan is looking to hire an experienced Civil Engineer / Project Manager for our San Jose, CA office. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include civil engineering and project management, including designing multi-family residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional land development engineering projects in California.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, M.S. degree a plus;
- 6 to 8 years of successful land development engineering experience with a concentration toward private development work. Experience in California strongly desired;
- Possess a valid Professional Engineer license. A California license is preferred;
- Experienced in interacting with clients and assisting with client management;
- Effectively manage projects from concept through construction documents;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage, motivate, mentor and lead others;
- Ability to design and oversee design including layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through construction documents;
- Expertise in hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design including SWPPP preparation and water quality compliance;
- Experienced in report and proposal writing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and reliable transportation for job site or client locations; and,
- Availability to work overtime.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
For full details, and to apply visit: http://bit.ly/2lAL63C
Position Title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Project Manager
The AECOM Oakland California Geo-Engineering Department is seeking an experienced, energetic Senior Foundation Engineer to take a leadership role in our foundation engineering practice. The candidate will have the opportunity to direct projects for a variety of facilities including refineries, pipelines, bridges, tunnels, dams, levees, and building structures, and coordinate with a broad range of other disciplines within AECOM. The candidate should have experience in supervising and training staff in geotechnical investigations, analyses, reporting, and construction observation. Business development for existing and new clients will be an integral part of the position.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Project management – tracking scope, schedule and budget
- Business development for new and existing clients
- Preparing engineering services proposals, cost estimates, and schedules
- Preparing Project Work plans and Health and Safety Plans
- Providing technical support to geotechnical projects
- Overseeing and preparing engineering reports and documentation
- Reviewing engineering reports and documentation prepared by junior staff
- Ensuring the quality of project deliverables
- Mentoring and technical development of junior staff
- Performing Independent Technical Reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 13+ years of relevant professional experience
- California PE registration
- Experience planning and directing geotechnical investigations
- Thorough knowledge of foundation engineering including shallow and deep foundations, earthwork, slope stability
- Working knowledge of relevant building code provisions
- Strong commitment to ensuring safe project execution
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Local travel required
- Due to the nature of this work, qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Master’s degree or PhD in Civil Engineering
- Experience working in Refinery or other industrial sites
- Geotechnical California GE registration
- Experience working with local permitting jurisdictions
- OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper Trained
- Refinery Safety Trained
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
Position: Associate Civil Engineer (Facilities Engineering)
$108,180 – $131,496 annually, plus excellent benefits, including retirement
Applications must be received at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 PM, Friday, February 3, 2017
EBMUD is seeking a professional in the Facilities Engineering Section, part of the Engineering and Construction Department’s Engineering Services Division, to manage improvements to EBMUD’s occupied buildings infrastructure. Buildings include a mid-rise office building in downtown Oakland, a five-building campus of administrative and maintenance facilities in Oakland, and twenty facilities throughout EBMUD’s service area housing administrative, planning, engineering, operations, and maintenance staff. Responsibilities include project management, planning, engineering, preparation of contract documents for public works bidding and construction, management of consultant services, and construction management.
The ideal candidate will have experience in project management and engineering of improvements to occupied facilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a collaborative leadership style in concert with EBMUD’s values of teamwork, respect, integrity, and caring for fellow employees, customers, stakeholders and the environment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in an ABET-accredited civil or closely related engineering curriculum OR a California EIT Certificate; four years of professional civil and/or closely related engineering experience (subsequent to obtaining the degree), which is equivalent to two years of experience at EBMUD’s Assistant Engineer level; and California registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
Apply online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 PM, Friday, February 3, 2017.
For more information and to see other current Civil Engineering job openings, go to http://www.ebmud.com/jobs/job-opportunities/
EBMUD is an EOE: Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disability
Langan is seeking a Civil Engineer for our San Francisco office with an interest in land development engineering. The successful candidate will have two to four years of experience in site/civil engineering design for mixed-use developments, shopping centers, residential, higher education, federal and other land development projects.
Civil Engineer – 2 to 4 Years Experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering;
- Knowledge of local city, county and state land use processes and regulations strongly desired;
- Proficiency in technical skills in stormwater management, hydraulics, hydrological analysis, grading and other site development related designs; and
- Demonstrated AutoCAD (required) and Civil 3D (preferred) skills with the ability to design site layouts concept through completion.
For full details, and to apply visit: goo.gl/9sWWTm
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability